We Effect is looking for an experienced development cooperation practitioner with in-depth knowledge in rights-based development programming.
As Development Programme Advisor you will work to ensure adequate planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) practices in We Effect’s and Vi Agroforestry’s development programmes. This includes both providing practical support and to support the development and implementation of overall PME structures and methods that are consistent with a rights-based approach and that effectively contribute to learning, accountability and quality reporting.
The Advisor is part of the Methods and Quality Unit within the International Department based in Stockholm. The role requires close coordination and cooperation with programme staff in our regional offices as well as with advisors and policy officers at head office.
- Provide clear direction and structure for the planning, follow-up and results reporting of development programmes
- Gather experiences and develop new knowledge for how to effectively plan, implement and follow-up rights-based programmes
- Ensure that the organisations have adequate and up-dated PME guidance, tools and formats
- Through trainings, capacity building and practical support contribute to the overall capacity of the organisations to plan, implement and follow-up rights-based development programmes
- Provide quality assurance and support programme development and reporting processes
- Act as the Methods and Quality Unit’s focal person for Vi Agroforestry
- University degree within a relevant field
- At least 7 years experience of qualified work with development cooperation through a rights-based approach
- 3 years field experience of work with development cooperation
- Excellent theoretical understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation, e.g. logical framework, outcome mapping, results harvesting, etc.
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach and civil society development
- Experience from providing capacity building, advisory support and facilitation
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience from cooperative development work
- Experience of work with cross-cutting development perspectives, such as environment/climate change, conflict sensitivity and gender
- Good understanding of both written and spoken Spanish, Portuguese and/or Swedish
Desired strong personal competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and pedagogical skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt work to shifting contexts, situations and needs
- Ability to work with an elevated level of independence
- Collaborative skills
- Ability to deliver results and meet dead-lines
Please send your application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, with a personal letter and CV at the latest on March 2, 2018. Please state “Development Programme Advisor” in your application.
The type of employment is permanent, including a 6-month probationary period.
We Effect and Vi Agroforestry are formally two separate organisations but share office space, staff and structure at the Head Office in Stockholm as sister organisations. The advisor will formally be employed by Vi Agroforestry but the assignment involves work with both organisations.
Information about the position and the recruitment process
Andreas Dolk, Head of Methods and Quality, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 – 720 701 697
Anna Albinsson, Head of HR, email@example.com, +46 (0)8 120 371 38
Union representative Maja Norell, Unionen, firstname.lastname@example.org , +46 (0)8 120 371 41
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation.