As a thematic advisor, you are responsible for the methodological development of gender mainstreaming in our programmes, as a method to achieve gender equality. Moreover, you will support head office and regional offices to mainstream gender with a special focus on the shifting of programmes from being gender sensitive to becoming gender transformative as well as participate in internal and external coordination mechanisms and working groups within the field. This position is part of the Methods and Quality unit within the International Department based in Stockholm which supports both We Effect and Vi-Agroforestry programmes. The role entails close coordination and cooperation with policy officers in the head office and programme staff in the regional offices. You will also be a resource person in the ongoing capacity development process of our staff in gender mainstreaming.
- Contribute to, support and develop policies, strategies and positions regarding gender equality and gender mainstreaming. Oversee policy and strategy implementation.
- Gather experiences and develop new knowledge about how gender equality can effectively be developed, managed, monitored and followed-up in the development programmes.
- Support development and use of practical tools, and guidance that contributes to effective integration of a gender perspective in the development programmes.
- Through trainings, capacity building and practical support on gender mainstreaming, contribute to the organisations’ strengthened capacity on gender equality.
- Provide gender quality assurance in steering documents, funding applications and reports.
- Follow-up and evaluate development programmes in relation to gender.
- University degree within a relevant field (e.g., gender, sociology and/or international relations, political science), or equivalent knowledge acquired through other means
- At least 5 years of qualified work within the thematic areas of gender and gender mainstreaming
- A minimum of 5 years of experience from work with development cooperation
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of the human rights-based approach and civil society development
- Experience from providing capacity building support and facilitation, both through workshop trainings and coaching/on-the-job approaches
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience from planning, monitoring and evaluation tools commonly used in development cooperation
- Documented experience from work with policy, thematic and/or knowledge development
- Excellent ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Experience and knowledge in other cross thematic areas
- Experience from cooperative development work
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or other languages
Desired strong personal competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and pedagogical skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt work to shifting contexts, situations and needs
- Ability to work with an elevated level of independence
- Capacity to collaborate
- Ability to deliver results and meet dead-lines
Please send your application to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a personal letter and CV at the latest on November 19, 2017. Please state “Gender and women empowerment advisor” in your application.
The type of employment is permanent, including a 6-month probationary period.
Information about the position and the recruitment process
Anna Tibblin, Head of International Department, email@example.com, +46 (0)8-12037144
Anna Albinsson, Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0)8-12037138
Union representative Maja Norell, Unionen, email@example.com , +46 (0)8-12037141
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation.