We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the Swedish cooperative movement. Our core philosophy is solidarity. Our motto is self-help.
We Effect supports local organisations in more than 20 countries to organise women and men living in poverty so that they can work together to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a more just world.
The HR Manager leads HR practices that support high-performance and sustainable team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of staff. The HR Manager is responsible for our global security management routines. The HR Manager is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organisations goals which includes ensuring compliance with human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
Some of the development areas we are currently working on include: How do we ensure the best possible working environment? What are we learning during the pandemic – and what will we take with us in the future? How can we strengthen diversity and inclusivity with colleagues in 23 countries? How can we strengthen leadership in all levels of the organisation.
The HR Manager forms part of the Global Management Group and reports to the Secretary General.
You can comfortably shift gears from strategy discussions to practical tasks. You are compassionate about development issues and believe that people are stronger together. As a person, you are approachable, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, are well-structured and ensure that routines are established and well documented.
- Solid experience and education within the HR field, preferably within an international environment and within the NGO sector
- Extensive experience in a leadership role
- Experience leading security management
- Experience in strategic diversity management
- Successful experience in creating and engaging organisation culture and working with occupational health issues
- Ability to work independently in alignment with strategies and policies
- Professional proficiency in English. Working knowledge in Swedish and/or Spanish or other language where we are working is a merit.
- International HR experience.
The employment is a permanent position with a six months’ probation period. The starting date is as soon as possible.
We Effect strives for inclusivity and diversity and welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief or disability.
For more information