Come join the world’s largest cooperative development organisation We Effect, as our new Advocacy Coordinator. The position is based at our head office in Stockholm, with a global reach.
As our Advocacy Coordinator, you are responsible for influencing policy processes that are pertinent to our work of fighting hunger, gender inequalities and climate change. You will develop We Effect’s relationships with key decision-makers, form positions in select focus areas, and be in charge for relevant advocacy material and activities.
Your focus is Sweden, but you work in partnership with colleagues around the world. Important allies are the more than 60 cooperative organisations and companies that stand behind We Effect.
As Advocacy Coordinator, you sometimes need to work early mornings or late nights, but within our 37,5 working hours in an average week. Travelling to countries where We Effect operates is also part of the job.
You will be part of our department Media and Advocacy, in a team of six people. In your capacity as Advocacy Coordinator you are responsible for the following:
- Influencing policy processes within We Effect’s strategic areas, including development cooperation, gender equality, food security and climate change.
- Developing positions on key issues, anchored in our partner organisations work.
- Coordinating and producing advocacy materials and activities, including reports, policy-briefs, OpEd:s, speaking notes, and seminars.
- Providing advocacy support to the Secretary General and building advocacy knowledge and capacity within the organisation.
- Be in charge of We Effects Advocacy Action Plan in Sweden and the advocacy working group at head office.
As We Effect’s Advocacy Coordinator you are a results-oriented optimist who gets the job done, in partnership with other passionate colleagues. You understand the daily life of policymaking in parliaments and corridors. In the past, you have experience from working as an advocacy officer, for example in the Swedish parliament or for a Swedish public affairs agency.
You share our values, are committed to building a better world, and understand what role international development cooperation can play in that process. You need to understand the logic of civil society organisations and have an interest in the cooperative business sector in Sweden. The role comes with high personal responsibility.
- Degree from relevant education.
Experience from working with Swedish politics.
- Five years of relevant work life experience.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- Experience of thematic areas of development cooperation, climate change, gender equality and/or food security and value chains.
- Experience of global policy work.
- Working knowledge in Spanish.
Why work with us?
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – within our organisation and in our joint work for a better and sustainable planet. Advocacy is highly prioritised in the organisation and with us you get the chance to develop the work from an already strong position. Your workplace is located in our pleasant and new offices in Södermalm, central Stockholm. You will be a part of a global team driven by strong values that operates in more than 20 countries around the world.
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impactpool no later than August 2, 2020. Your application documents should be in English. The employment is a full-time permanent position with a six months’ probation period. Start date as soon as possible. We Effect strives for diversity and welcomes applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, physical or other impairment.