Regional Communications Officer
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see https://weeffect.org/.
We Effect is now recruiting a Regional Communications Officer to the We Effect Regional Office in Skopje, North Macedonia.
As Regional Communications Officer you are responsible to communicate about We Effect’s work in the region, covering North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Moldova. The role involves independent, proactive work with both operational and strategic communication for an increased awareness and fundraising as well as contributing to the advocacy and visibility work in the region and in Sweden.
As Regional Communication Officer you are based in the Regional Office in Skopje and are part of the Marketing Department in Sweden. Responsibilities include development of information material and other deliverables requested by the Marketing Department. In the region you have the responsibility to advise and support staff and partner organisations with communication activities. The role requires ability to work autonomously and flexibly to ensure that all communication work is in line with the budget, strategies, regulations and project-specific requirements.
Examples of tasks
- Initiate and coordinate efforts to increase local/regional awareness of We Effect and partners.
- Ensure that the communication activities are adapted to the channels in the region as well as to the target groups in the region.
- Support the Regional Director with the proactive and operational work of the region’s crisis communication.
- Strengthen the competence and capacity of staff in the region as well as partner organisations by offering communication trainings tailored to the region’s specific needs.
- Develop a communication strategy for the region.
- Maintain and update the regional part of the organisation’s global web.
- Continuously produce case studies, results, testimonies, photos and films in accordance with the guidelines for regional communication deliveries, for channels in Sweden.
- Continuously contribute with news from the region for relevant channels in Sweden.
As Regional Communications Officer you are independent and mature in your profession. As your tasks are divided between the regional and the Swedish context it is of great importance that you are responsive and able to adapt your approach and priorites. You need to have the ability to communicate to different target groups. You need to have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and the ablility to meet deadlines. As a person you are positive and curious, you enjoy new challenges and working in a dynamic and always changing environment. You are interested in current affairs and share We Effect’s vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty.
- Degree or diploma in communication, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience working with communications, public relations, marketing, events promotion, journalism trades, or similar.
- Experience working with communication for an NGO/INGO or similar.
- Experience adapting your communication for international target groups.
- Experience from photography and filming with smart phone.
- Experience in working with marginalized communities
- Advanced written and spoken knowledge in professional English.
- Awareness of different media platforms, digital, social media, printed etc.
- Awareness of current political and social affairs in the region.
- Drivers licence
- Experience in working with fundraising.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suit.
- Experience producing content for the Swedish audience.
- Knowledge of the Swedish context and development cooperation.
- Knowledge in written and spoken Swedish.
- Knowledge in written and spoken Albanian.
Apply through following this link https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/427196 the latest 2019-03-31.
The employment is a 100 % two-year contract at the national level, with the possibility of prolongation. You are following the Conditions of Employment in the country you are employed. You will be expected to travel as part of your position.
You are expected to be available from 1 June 2019.
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome all applicants.
For more information
Anneli Leina, Regional Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Åsa Rex Nygård, Head of Communications, email@example.com