Regional Director to Latin America
We Effect Latin America consists of seven countries and country development programmes in Colombia, Guatemala, Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Paraguay. We Effect Latin America employs around 35 members of staff and the regional budget for 2019 is approximately 75 MSEK. The regional office is placed in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
As Regional Director you have the overall responsibility to ensure that all activities in the region are conducted and developed in accordance with We Effect’s policies, strategies and working methods. Your job is to ensure that We Effect delivers the highest possible quality in its operations.
The current priorities in the region include analysis and strategic development and management of the two programs in our core areas of adequate housing and sustainable rural development, as well as systems development, strengthened internal control and resource mobilisation. During the coming period the Regional Director will have to focus on organizational development and staff management. Continuous risk and conflict assessment is necessary as many of the countries We Effect works in are high risk, weak democracies with ongoing conflicts and frequent human rights violations.
An important part of the job is context analysis and strategic networking in the region. We Effect wants to build and maintain strong relationships with donors and other relevant actors. You will lead the work to achieve new funding for the development programmes.
The duty station is at the regional office in Guatemala City, Guatemala. You will travel frequently in the region and to our head office in Stockholm. As Regional Director you report to the Head of International Department at the head office in Stockholm.
- Lead and continuously develop the work in the region according to We Effect vision, values and global strategies.
- Overall responsibility for regional budget and regional resource mobilization.
- Overall development, coordination and quality assurance of the development programmes.
- Represent We Effect in relevant networks and contexts.
- Personnel responsibility for staff in the region including, Country Representations and the regional team in the Guatemala City office.
You have several years management experience and organizational development within a civil society context. Preferably you have worked with change management and are used to manage both staff and managers. As a leader you are a mature and value based, with the commitment, experience and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles.
As Regional Director it is crucial that you have excellent ability to organize, plan, prioritize and communicate your work. In this you have great analytical skills and a strategic outlook. You work innovative, know how to identify opportunities and act upon them responsibly. You know what it takes to deliver results and take well-analysed decisions in a timely manner.
You have knowledge and experience from international work, preferably in Latin American contexts. You share We Effect vision and values.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience and staff responsibility with strong leadership skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing international development cooperation, preferably within civil society
- Excellent skills in financial management and budget analysis
- Relevant field experience of international development cooperation
- University degree within a relevant field
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Strong understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
- Strong conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach and civil society development
- Experience from cooperative development work with rural development and housing
- Field experience of international development cooperation from Latin America
- In-depth knowledge of Swedish international development cooperation
- Oral and written communication skills in Swedish
In this recruitment we will put emphasis on your management experience and leadership skills.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation.
Apply by following this link: https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/417792
Apply no later than Sunday 3 March 2019. The employment contract is three years with the possibility of prolongation. The contract start is 1 August, 2019.
For more information