Do you believe in a just world free from poverty? Could you be the motor of making sure our mission of strengthening civil society organisations working with farmers and with the right to housing is reflected in our programmes? Do you want to be part of the cooperative movement and our global strategy “Equality first” as starting points for all our work?
We live in interesting times: We are in the middle of a five-year long programme period and a process of elaborating strategies for the six countries where we work in Latin America. It is a diverse context, where we celebrate achievements and at the same time are constantly refining our work to face the many challenges. The Covid-19 situation has put us even more to the test and demands we ensure our relevance and modernise our cooperation.
We Effect Latin America has six country offices and a regional office with experienced and creative colleagues, and we coordinate closely with the head office in Sweden. Through multiple working groups and new communication tools you will be part of a global organisation and staff motivated by our cooperative principles and values of respect, transparency and togetherness, present in more than 20 countries.
As the regional Programmes Director you have the responsibility to lead the GPS team (the regional programmes and strategic support team) that ensures the coherence and strategic and programmatic quality in We Effect Latin America, which currently consists of another four excellent colleagues in charge of the coordination and communication of the two multi-country programmes SEMBRANDO IGUALDAD – sustainable rural development and VIVHA – housing and habitat, that we have in the region. You are central for the resource mobilisation for the programmes. You will also participate actively in the Regional Management Team, which is responsible for the strategic management in the region.
- Lead and coordinate the programmatic development of We Effect´s work in Latin America
- Lead and coordinate the institutional Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning within the programmes in the region
- Lead and systematise the methodological and thematical innovation with colleagues in the region
- Coordinate and provide thematic and programmatic advice
- Ensure adequate resource mobilisation for the implementation of the programmes
- Strengthen our position and advocacy on regional and international level and function as a bridge between countries and the region, and between the region and Sweden
- Contribute to the strengthening of the cooperative identity of We Effect
- Reports to: the Regional Director of We Effect Latin America
Coordinates with: the Director of administration and finance; the Head of Human Resources, planning and security; the Compliance and control officer; the Regional Programmes Officer for Latin America based at head office in Sweden and the regional Communications officer
As Programmes Director you are independent and mature in your profession.
As a person you are a good leader, positive and curious, you enjoy new challenges and working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. You are interested in current affairs and share We Effect’s vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty.
Required skills and knowledge
We are looking for a person with documented experience in senior rights-based programme management. It is important that you understand the international development cooperation work to strengthen civil society organisations and that you are up to date on the debates and future perspectives in this realm. The job requires strong self-discipline and sense of structuring, as well as very good planning skills. It is also important to us that you inspire and support other colleagues to develop their own skills.
Other requirements are
- Education: University Degree in a relevant area or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from working with innovation, development and implementation of planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Experience of successful resource mobilisation
- Experience from and passion for working with women´s rights and gender justice
- Experience as team leader or other leadership roles
- Experience from working with digital project management systems
- Strong verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish
- Profound knowledge of any of the thematic areas of sustainable rural development, environment and climate change resilience, land rights, the right to food, economic justice and adequate housing, peace and security
- Experience from the cooperativist movement
- Experience from working with change management
- Experience from working with risk management
- Experience of working with programme budgeting and follow-up in general, and gender markers or gender responsive budgeting in particular
- Verbal and written language skills in Swedish
Applications that do not include the required application documents will not be considered. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is a fixed-term contract. The position is open to both national and international applicants. You are expected to be available from July-August 2020.
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome all applicants.
For more information