Organization: We Effect
Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
Communication and Public Information
Closing Date: 2021-10-21
We Effect was founded in 1958 by the Swedish cooperative movements. Today, We Effect is the world’s largest cooperative development organisation. We work in partnership with local farmers organisations and cooperative housing federations in 20 countries, reaching 3,7 million people – strengthening them in their work against poverty and injustice. For more information, see www.weeffect.org.
We Effect is now recruiting an Advocacy Officer on the Right to Food. The position is part of the Media and Advocacy Department. The position is based at the head office in Stockholm.
The advocacy officer is responsible for developing positions, coordinating and implementing advocacy work for the Media and Advocacy Department within the field of right to food in Sweden, and in support to We Effect’s global organisation. Your most important allies are the more than 60 cooperative organisations and companies that stand behind We Effect. Travelling to countries where We Effect work is also part of the job, both physically and digitally.
- Coordinate, develop and implement advocacy strategies and activities within the field of Right to food in Sweden, including topics of rural development, agriculture, climate change, global food value chains and gender equality.
- Develop fact material, positions and speaking notes on the right to food-related topics to the organisation.
- Be We Effect’s spokesperson for Right to food in Sweden and our representative in food-related networks, including Sida, the Swedish government, civil society and We Effect member organisation.
- Be focal person for contacts with staff within the right to the food area and provide capacity strengthening to the organisation on advocacy within the right to food.
- Monitor current events and political processes in Sweden and countries where We Effect operate as well as on a global level, pertinent to the right to food with relevance to our partner organisation and the organisation
As an advocacy officer, you are a results-oriented optimist that gets the job done, in partnership with other passionate colleagues. You understand how to develop positions in complex thematic areas and map and influence processes pertinent to set advocacy goals. In the past or currently, you might be working as a sustainability expert for an organisation or company.
You share our values, are committed to political change, and understand what role international development cooperation can play in that process. You need to understand the logic of civil society organisations and have an interest in the cooperative business sector in Sweden. The role comes with high personal responsibility.
Degree from relevant education.
A minimum of three years of relevant work-life experience.
Fluent in English and Swedish.
Experience in working in sustainability and food value chains development, in Sweden and globally.
Experience in international development cooperation.
Your application documents should be in English.
The employment is a permanent position with a six months probation period. Start date as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your thoughtful application. Your time in preparing your application is much appreciated, however only appropriately qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.
We Effect works actively with diversity and inclusion in the organisation. We welcome applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnicity, religious belief, political opinion, national extraction, social origin, HIV/AIDS status, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and/or trade union membership or activities.
072 070 97 21
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.