About We Effect
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights. We Effect works in around 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se/www.weeffect.org/ https://latin.weeffect.org/
We Effect is now recruiting a Global Thematic Advisor to be part of the Technical Unit in the International Department. The employment is a maternity cover. Start date in July/August
About the position
As the Global ECCR Advisor, you will join an exciting team of thematic advisors who together form the Technical Unit situated in the International Department. You will lead the organisations work on environment, climate change and resilience, provide technical input and strengthen the organisations capacity to work with and integrate ECCR perspectives in our programming with a strong rights-based approach and gender equality perspective. As the advisor, you will work in close coordination and cooperation with our regional and country ECCR focal points and programme staff in our regional and country offices.
Oversight of We Effect’s ECC Policy and Strategy:
- Work closely with other Advisors and ECCR focal points to oversee We Effect’s Environment and Climate Change Policy and Strategy
- Contribute to, support and develop policy papers strategies and positions regarding Environment, Climate Change and Resilience (ECCR)
- Promote and facilitate ongoing capacity strengthening, technical guidance and tools to strengthen ECCR work across all programmes
- Provide technical leadership and in the design and implementation of ECCR across all programmes
- Lead the ECCR Global Platform with colleagues from all regions
- Support ECCR focal points in all regions to test, improve and integrate tools for effective integration of ECCR at organisational and programmatic levels
Support to ensure We Effect is a learning organisation:
- Work closely with colleagues in the ECCR platform, other thematic expert groups and the Technical Unit and Programme Officers in Stockholm to provide high quality, technical input into concept notes and proposals to ensure that lessons learned through monitoring, evaluation and learning of the ECCR integration shape project and programme design
- Provide quality assurance in the development of steering documents and reports
- Gather experiences, develop and disseminate new knowledge about how ECCR can be effectively developed, managed, monitored and followed-up in We Effect’s development programmes
- Produce/contribute to reports illustrating We Effect’s impact, including donor reports, concept notes, annual reports, articles etc.
- Collaborating within the development sector as an ECCR expert and provide technical support to We Effect’s advocacy work
- Represent We Effect at relevant events and conferences
- Lead and author key articles and communication products reflecting on rights-based approaches to ECCR programming and practice
- Participate in both external and internal ECCR working groups and networks
We believe you are an expert in environment, climate change and resilience and you have the aptitude to be strategic and spearhead ECCR across We Effect. We are looking for you who who can capture information and learnings quickly, has excellent communication and writing skills and is keen to work in close collaboration with colleagues in other regions.
- University master’s degree within a relevant field such as Environmental Studies, Sustainability Science or relevant field.
- Excellent theoretical understanding and practical experience of working with ECCR in development programmes
- At least 5 years’ experience working with development cooperation from a rights-based approach
- At least 2 years of work with development cooperation in the ‘Global South’
- Documented experience from work with policy, thematic and/or knowledge development
- Experience of working on project/proposal development and providing technical guidance on project design
- Good conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach, gender equality and civil society development
- Experience of providing capacity strengthening, mentoring, coaching support and facilitation
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Language skills in Swedish, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
Desired strong personal competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication and pedagogical skills, including writing
- Flexibility and ability to adapt work to shifting contexts, situations and needs
- Ability to work with high level of independence and setting priorities
- Ability to contribute to a team and support collaboration
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Aptitude for creativity and learning new ways of doing things to maintain relevant and up to date information
The position requires in average, two trips to our regional offices per year.
What we can offer you
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – within our organisation and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty. We challenge the status quo and encourages innovation. Our values Transparency, Respect and Together, guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture. We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are our corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences and networks and we strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
We strive to have the best work environment and we offer flexible opportunities to hybrid ways of working, which we believe will improve work-life balance in many ways. We apply goal-oriented working time and offer 31 days of paid leave.
This position is based in the TU at the International Department in Stockholm.
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impactpool no later than April 21, 2023.
Your application documents can be submitted in English or Swedish.
For more information
Please contact: Anna Edgren, Head of Technical Unit, email@example.com
Linnea Karlsson firstname.lastname@example.org, Unionen
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool, email@example.com
We Effect wants to be alerted on suspected discriminiation, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recuritment process. To make us aware, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System