Organization: We Effect
Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
Grade: Senior level
Banking and Finance
Closing Date: 2021-04-28
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the Swedish cooperative movement. Our core philosophy is solidarity. Our motto is self-help. We Effect has country and regional offices in more than 20 countries that supports local organisations to organise women and men living in poverty so that they can work together to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a more just world.
Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development foundation that was established in 1983. Vi Agroforestry fights poverty through agroforestry – sustainable agriculture and land management by growing trees alongside crops and livestock. Vi Agroforestry has offices in four countries and a regional office in Kenya. Work is done together with partner organisations, organising small-holder farmer families in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda).
The Finance Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of finance processes and practices supporting the achievement of the organisational goals, which includes ensuring compliance with financial policies, procedures, standards, and regulations. The Finance Manager is also responsible for the overall management of the finance unit and its projects and activities and strengthing of both organisation’s capacity in financial matters at all levels.
The Finance Manager has the overall responsibility for the financial statements, including documentation and coordination with auditors, as well as reporting to financiers and other stakeholders.
The Finance Manager leads finance practices that support a high-performance and sustainable team culture, which emphasises employee engagement and high-quality finance work. As the Finance Manager, you ensure that the relevant procedures are established and well documented.
The finance team at the head office consists of three financial controllers and one accountant that manage the day-to-day work. The position requires continuous contact with colleagues from different countries, and your tasks will be performed in an international setting. Within the finance team, we also have two persons working with the implementation of a new global finance system in all countries where we have offices. The system we use currently is iScala and we are currently changing to Xledger. Your involvement in this development process as the Finance Manager is very important.
The Finance Manager is a part of the Global Management Group and reports to the Administrative Director. The working language is English. Annual international travels to the organisations’ regional and country offices are required (when possible due to the pandemic).
To succeed in this position, you need to be analytical, organised, and structured. You enjoy working efficiently towards finding the best solution and do not hesitate to develop procedures to ensure the best outcome of your work. You can comfortably shift gears from strategy discussions to practical tasks.
As a person, you are approachable, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and are well-structured. You are committed to follow We Effect and Vi Agroforestry’s values of respect, togetherness, and transparency.
• University degree in finance management or equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience from work within finance and accounting, preferably within the NGO sector.
• You have strong leadership experience and a minimum of three years’ experience in managing a finance or audit team.
• Experience in strategic financial management and developing financial management routines and systems.
• Experience in working with different kinds of donors such as Sida CIVSAM, EU, or other international donors or institutions.
• Experience in the Swedish language and financial legal requirements.
• Advanced knowledge in Excel and good knowledge in Microsoft Office.
• Strong analytical and strategic skills.
• Capacity to work independently and in alignment with strategies and policies.
• Good communication skills and ability to present and explain complex processes in a way that people from both financial and non-financial background can understand.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Working knowledge in Spanish, Portuguese, Kiswahili, or other languages spoken in the countries where we are working.
• Experience from work with financial management in international development cooperation.
• Experience in different finance systems and change of finance system.
The employment is a permanent position with a six months’ probation period. The starting date is as soon as possible.
We Effect strives for inclusivity and diversity and welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.
If you want to alert We Effect on suspected discrimination, corruption, or other serious misconduct during the recruitment process, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System.