We Effect is now recruiting a Group Accountant. The role is based in Head office and is responsible for reconciliation consolidation and statutory reporting for the organisations (Groups), as well as ensuring standardised accounting process throughout the organisations. Together with the Financial Controllers, responsible for ensuring that each region adheres to reporting standards and is financially compliant. You will act as support in financial issues – it will be an exciting journey for sure. This position reports to Group CFO.
- Responsible for bookkeeping and control of documentation in general ledger for Head office in both organisations in association with the Accountant
- Responsible for balance sheet account reconciliations for Head office in both organisations in association with the Accountant
- Managing the month-end closing process for the Groups.
- Responsible for consolidation and monthly reporting for the Groups.
- Responsible for the Group statutory reporting (Annual Report, Giva Sverige, Svensk insamlingskontroll, Income taxes).
- Establishing and ensuring that proper accounting methods and principles are applied.
- Consolidating the Group budgets.
Qualifications and experience:
We are looking for a University graduate, with a degree in finance or a related field. A background in Financial Control, a minimum 5 years at a senior level. You have documented experience speaking and writing Swedish and English. Spanish is a great plus.
Travel can occur in this position and therefore you must have the possibility to being away about two weeks at a time about twice a year.
Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Sweden (i.e. hold an EU work permit).
- Excellent analytical skills, capable of turning data into meaningful information and presentations, along with having a good understanding of general financial issues
- You demonstrate both flexibility and high integrity/ethics in dealing with internal and external counterparties as well as having the ability to set priorities and create focus on accomplishing set objectives
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to deliver to deadlines with a sense of urgency while retaining very good attention to detail/quality and acting in line with company policies
- Strong collaboration and communication skills – acting as a real team player with the ability to communicate at all levels.
What We Effect can offer you
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – within our organization and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty.
We challenge the status quo and encourages innovation. Our values transparency, respect and together, guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture. We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are our corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences and networks and we strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
We strive to have the best work environment and even if your main workplace for this position will be Stockholm, we offer flexible opportunities to mix working from office and home or elsewhere which we believe will improve work-life balance in many ways. We apply goal-oriented working time and offer 31 [35 for managers] days of paid annual leave.
Location: Stockholm, City
About We Effect
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in around 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations.
Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry – growing trees alongside crops and livestock. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organisations in four countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda) in and near the Lake Victoria Basin in East Africa. Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Agroforestry also contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has reached over 2,3 million people through education, advisory and services.
In this recruitment process We Effect partner with Meritmind. For more information, please feel free to contact the responsible recruitment consultant at Meritmind, Susanne Areschoug 0701 660803. Interviews and selection process will be ongoing, so please send us your application as soon as possible. The position is available to apply for as long as the ad is shown on our website.
Consider this before you submit your application
Your application, in Swedish or English, shall not contain any personal data relating to civil status, family/children, ethnic origin, age, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation.
Make sure your name and contact information is included in your resume. It is only possible to attach one document, so please add your resume and your personal letter, if needed, as one file.
We look forward to receiving your application!