Organization: We Effect
Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
Grade: Mid level
Closing Date: 2021-08-01
We are now recruiting an HR and Safeguarding Advisor. The role is part of the Global HR Team and is based at our Head office in Stockholm.
About We Effect
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations, and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.org.
Organisational context and the role
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, you will form part of the Global HR Team that currently consists of one HR Consultant, one HR Administrator, based at Head office, and four regional HR-functions, based in our regional offices.
Together, the Global HR Team provides support to approximately 250 staff, of which 60 are based at Head office and the rest are nationally hired staff in our country and regional offices in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Eastern, and Southern Africa.
As the HR and Safeguarding Advisor you will be expected to contribute to all HR areas, but with special expertise and focus on Safeguarding, including support and coordination of our regional and country safeguarding leads.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of acitivies, strategies and policy document within the area of HR
- Take lead on development and implementation of other HR-related activities and projects
- Contribute to effective cooperation between staff in the global organisation
- Contribute to a healthy work environment at the workplace
- External representation of the organisation on Safeguarding and other HR-related issues
- Responsible for strengthening and supporting the organisation’s commitment to Safeguarding and Sexual Harassment and other issues such as child protection
- Develop and update relevant safeguarding implementation guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Conduct training in Head Office on the Policy Against Sexual Harassment and other relevant safeguarding issues, and support the regional safeguarding leads on the same
- Support and coordinate the regional safeguarding leads to ensure a consistent, robust and ethical response to all safeguarding issues, including leadership and support to conduct investigations at the regional or country level
- Support/supervision of the safeguarding leads’ own wellness and wellbeing in collaboration with the country and regional offices
- Document, report and provide input on the Safeguarding mechanisms, trends and incidents within the organisation
- Experience and/or education within the HR field
- Documented experience in undertaking high quality safeguarding investigations and/or safeguarding assessments
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation and best practices in international development cooperation
- Knowledge and experience of working with specific HR-issues such as labor legislation and collective agreements, performance management, competence development, recruitment, occupational health, etc
- Experience of training delivery and the production of safeguarding resources
- Experience of working in an international environment, preferably within the international development sector
- Proficiency and excellent communication skills in English
- Have the ability to make proportionate, reasoned and justifiable decisions in safeguarding cases and to be confident in making recommendations in relation to desired safeguarding outcomes
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in and from different cultures and geographical locations
- Have an understanding of complex power dynamics in dealing with issues of safeguarding within organisations
- Display attitudes and behaviours that respect and value diversity and promote equal opportunity and the welfare of others
- Have the ability to work independently in alignment with strategies and policies
- Knowledge and experience of working with diversity and inclusivity
- Working knowledge in Swedish and/or Spanish or other language where we are working
This is a permanent position based at We Effect’s Head office in Stockholm, Sweden. We apply a six-month probation period. Starting date as soon as possible.
Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Sweden (i.e. hold an EU work permit)
The position will require international travel 1-2 times per year (pending the development of the ongoing pandemic)
Last day of application is August 1st 2021
Your application documents should be in English
For more information
For more information about the position, please contact:
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.
We Effect strives for inclusivity and diversity and welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief or disability. If you want to alert We Effect on suspected discriminiation, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recuritment process, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System.