Internship period: Spring of 2024
Location: Östgötagatan 90, Stockholm. We apply a hybrid office approach where everyone is expected to be in the office at least 50%.
Other: Please note that the internship is unpaid and in order to apply, you need to be entitled to an internship either through ongoing university studies or a labor market program initiative. The successful candidate will be required to present proof of insurance for the internship period.
Application deadline: November 22
What will you do as an HR-intern?
You will be part of our Global HR Team, that consists of the HR Manager and an HR Partner at our Head office in Stockholm, and five Regional HR Officers that are based in Latin America, Eastern and Southern Africa, Europe and Asia.
As an HR-intern for We Effect, you will get valuable experience from both operational and strategic HR-work, while at the same time contribute with your knowledge and perspectives.
The exact content of your internship will be decided in dialogue with you and the HR Manager, but example of areas and projects where you will be able to participate and contribute are:
- Review and suggest a structure and procedure for staff file management in our new HR-system at Head office
- Development of a global induction plan for new staff, including Global Introduction Days
- Further development of our current on- and offboarding procedures
- Compilation and analysis of HR metrics
- Automation of HR-processes
- Further development of our HR-portal for staff and managers
- Revision and harmonization of role profiles
- Salary revision
- Other tasks depending on interest, skills and competencies
What we can offer you
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – both within our organisation and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty. We challenge the status quo and encourages innovation. Our values Transparency, Respect and Togetheness, guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture. We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are our corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences and networks and we strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
- Relevant studies with the field of HR and/or organizational development
- Able to work independently in English
- Good knowledge of M365/Excel and ability to use common accounting software and IT tools
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and take initiative
- Be curious and willing to take on tasks you haven’t done before
- Be able to work independently and at the same time be a great team player
- Having lived or worked outside of Sweden
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Working knowledge in Swedish
About We Effect
We Effect is the world’s largest cooperative development organization with projects in 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. Our vision is a sustainable and just world, free from poverty and hunger. The core strategy is to strengthen cooperatives of women and men living in poverty through membership-based democracy, long-term economic thinking, social responsibility, and transparency. This results in increased income for families, food on the table and a roof over their heads – enabling people to raise themselves out of poverty for good.
We have approximately 200 staff globally of which the majority are nationally hired staff in our country and regional offices in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Eastern and Southern Africa. At our Head Office in Stockholm, we are a little over 40 employees.
In your cover letter we want you to provide your motivation for and what you expect to get out of an HR-internship with We Effect.
Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail.