About We Effect
We Effect’s mission is to enable people living in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a just society. We Effect works with the focus on the right to food in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. The target groups for our development cooperation are our approximately 200 local partner organisations and their existing and potential members. Most of our partner organisations are member-based small-holder farmer organisations, housing cooperatives or savings and credit associations.
We Effect applies a rights-based approach and with a strong focus on women’s rights. This means that our development activities are developed in dialogue with our partner organisations, with strong local ownership. Our work is characterized by accountability, transparency, non-discrimination, and meaningful participation. Through our regional and country offices We Effect implements development cooperation programmes in 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.
For more information, see www.weeffect.org
About the role
The International Director provides strategic direction and leadership to the international department. The purpose of the position is to ensure high-quality development cooperation and an effective department that delivers on agreed targets.
You lead and support a strong team of creative and highly competent unit managers and regional directors. You report to the Secretary General and are a member of our Global Management Group. You also provide strategic support to other departments.
• Provide overall management of the international department, including five regional offices and two units in head office
• Actively contribute to the strategic development of We Effect as the development organisation of the Swedish cooperative movement
• Lead by example; provide active leadership in line with the values of the organisation
We are looking for an experienced leader with documented strong and value-based management skills. The role comes with high responsibility. You need to have strong experience of civil society development cooperation and an understanding of the cooperative business sector in Sweden.
• University degree within a relevant field or equivalent acquired knowledge
• A minimum of 12 years’ experience of qualified work with international development cooperation
• A minimum of 6 year’s management experience and proven strong inclusive leadership skills – preferably within the sector of international development cooperation and from managing managers
• A minimum of 3 year’s field experience of international development cooperation
• Excellent skills in administration, financial management and budget analysis
• In-depth knowledge of Swedish and international development cooperation
• Strong experience of managing donor relations
• Strong analytical skills; experience of strategic development and from leading team and organisational development processes
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong theoretical understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
• Strong conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach, civil society development and gender equality
• Experience in change management
• Working knowledge in Swedish and/or Spanish
• Experience from development cooperation focusing on the cooperative sector
What we can offer you
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – within our organisation and in our joint work for a sustainable world free from poverty. We challenge status quo and encourage innovation. Our core values Transparency, Respect and Together guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture.
We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences, and networks. We strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
We strive to have the best work environment and even if your main workplace for this position will be our Head office in Stockholm, we offer flexible opportunities to mix working from office and home or elsewhere which we believe will improve work-life balance in many ways. We apply goal-oriented working time and offer 35 days of paid annual leave. Starting date according to agreement.
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our current International Director Andreas Dolk, email@example.com, HR Manager David Fälten, david.fälten@weeffect.org, Secretary General Anna Tibblin, firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or Union Representative Linnea Karlsson,
Recrutiment is one of our most important processes and we put great emphasis on quality and integrity. If you suspect any form of discriminiation, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recuritment process, please alert us using our Whistleblowing System: https://weeffect.org/whistle-blowing-system/