We Effect is a development cooperation organization founded in 1958 by the Swedish cooperative movement with the aim of fighting poverty. We Effect’s mission is to enable people living in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a just society. We Effect works in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development with a strong focus on promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
The target groups for our development cooperation are our partner organizations, their existing and potential members. Most of our partner organizations are member-based farmer organizations, housing cooperatives or savings and credit associations. We Effect applies a rights-based approach. This means that our development activities are developed in dialogue with our partner organizations, with strong local ownership, characterized by accountability, transparency, non-discrimination, and meaningful participation.
The current position will coordinate a program consisting of a collaboration between We Effect and the Palestinian Agricultural Institutions Coalition (PAIC) (six Palestinian organisations) with the aim to ensure environmental and climate justice in Palestine.
Contract period: On fixed term (12 months contract) with possibilities to prolong.
Objective: Ensure efficient planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the Environmental and Climate Justice Programme in Palestine.
Reporting to: We Effect Country Director
- Supervise the implementation of the Environmental and Climate Justice Programme in Palestine and ensure adherence to the agreement with the General consulate of Sweden, quality standards, work plans and planned results.
- Develop and operate a well-structured and efficient monitoring system for Environmental and Climate Justice Programme in Palestine in accordance with We Effect Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Manual.
- Jointly with the PAIC Programme Coordinator, responsible for consolidation of monitoring results.
- Provide day-to-day follow up on the programme implementation, coordinate with PAIC programme coordinator and staff the action plans and frameworks of the programme, and report directly to the Country Director.
- Provide technical support to partner organisations including participation in selected activities and the thematic mainstreaming in the program, including ECCR and gender equality.
- Actively support partners and the country office in the development of new methods and approaches
- Lead the planning, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities.
- Ensure quality reporting, reviewing partners’ reports and providing quality assurance, documentation and dissemination of programme results, draft semi-annual and annual results reports of the Country Programme on the basis of PAIC members´ reports.
- Facilitate linkages with other programmes and initiatives on local, regional and international level such as collaboration between Swedish environmental organisations or other programme stakeholders.
- Assist in organizing workshops, meetings and forums for exchange of experience in monitoring, lessons learnt and quality assurance.
- Assist in preparation of external delegations visits.
The candidate to be appointed to the position of Programme Technical Coordinator shall meet the following conditions, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Academic degree in social development studies and/, or in environmental engineering /science or any relevant field.
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management and LFA. Knowledge in Outcome Mapping is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and/or programme management.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in civil society organisations and/or international development cooperation in positions;
- Work experience in Environment and Climate Change (ECCR) programmes is an asset.
- Previous experience in conducting Environmental Social Impact Assessments ESIAs is an asset
- Good knowledge and experience in using statistical analysis software(s).
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of computer including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel throughout the Palestinian areas of the West Bank and Gaza and abroad including from area to area without any hindrance, beyond the current prevailing difficulties affecting all the residents of the area – i.e. the ability to travel through internal checkpoints within the West Bank and Gaza and the ability to travel abroad.
- Experience of working with INGOs or UN agencies is a preference.
- Valid Driving Licence
Required interpersonal skills
- Collaborating and working well together with others.
- Strong managerial and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills (formal and informal) and ability to work in English and Arabic is required.