Organization: We Effect
Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
Grade: Mid level
External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
Closing Date: 2021-06-09
About We Effect
We Effect is a development cooperation organisation founded in 1958 by the Swedish cooperative movement. 70 of the largest cooperative and customer-owned companies and organisations in Sweden are the members and owners of We Effect.
We Effect’s mission is to enable people living in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights, and contribute to a just society. We Effect’s work in Latin America is focused on strengthening the capacity of organisations that work with small-scale farmers and housing cooperatives. We promote the use of sustainable methods that protect people and the environment. Our work emphasizes gender equality and women’s empowerment and we support advocacy for equal rights to power, land, housing, and food security.
We Effect applies a rights-based approach. This means that our development activities are developed in dialogue with our partner organisations, with strong local ownership, characterized by accountability, transparency, non-discrimination, and meaningful participation. Through our regional and country offices, We Effect implements development cooperation programs in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, East Europe, and Latin America. In Latin America We Effect is supporting more than 50 local partner organisations through five country offices and our regional office in Guatemala.
About the position
We are seeking a person with the practical experience from development cooperation and resource mobilization from institutional donors.
In the position as Regional Program Officer, you will be part of a team of regional program officers at We Effect’s International Department in Stockholm who works to support our five regional offices in Africa, Latin America, the Balkans, and Asia.
The purpose of the position is to be the focal point at head office for the regional office in Latin America. This includes providing support and oversight of the programatic work of the regional office throughout the program cycle, and to contribute to effective resource mobilisation from institutional donors for the implementation of We Effects strategy and development programs.
• Quality assurance, support, and head office coordination of regional office programming and application processes
• Continuous monitoring of ongoing programs/projects and grants in the region
• Support the region in strategy and program planning and follow-up and quality assurance of reports to donors.
• Participate and represent We Effect in relevant meetings, networks, and forums in Sweden.
• Intelligence related to the region, donor relations, and resource mobilization
• Together with the other Regional Program Officers support the strategic work around resource mobilisation in We Effect.
• University degree in a relevant field.
• 3 years of experience from development cooperation – program planning and management; resource mobilization or work with applications for grants from institutional donors such as Sida, the EU, and Nordic embassies.
• Theoretical understanding and practical experience of one or several plannings, monitoring, and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation, e.g. logical framework, outcome mapping, result harvesting, etc.
• Good knowledge of rights-based development cooperation
• Good knowledge of Swedish development cooperation.
• Analytical skills.
• Excellent command of Spanish, English and Swedish.
• Knowledge about the political, social, and economic development in Latin America, especially in programme countries of We Effect, i.e. Guatemala, Colombia, El Salvador, Honduras, and Bolivia.
• Experience of working in developing countries, especially in Latin America.
• Experiences from democratic organisations and social movements
• Experience of working with EU’s various financing instruments.
This is a permanent full-time position based at We Effect’s head office in Stockholm, Sweden. The contract starts as soon as possible with a six-month probation period.
Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Sweden (i.e. hold an EU work permit).
The Regional programme officer will be required to travel to the region approximately two to three times per year.
The last day of application is June 9, 2021.
For more information about the position, please contact:
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation. For more information about We Effect, please visit our website www.weeffect.org